Modular HANDRAILS SYSTEM for industry
Steel pipe handrails and safety handrails are designed from pipe rails and structural tubing, constructed from heavy gauge steel to meet OSHA fall-protection requirements.
Handrail System Features
- Omega’s handrail systems utilize modular components, meaning you can choose and customize parts to set up the exact single post handrails system you need
- OSHA Style and I.B.C. Style Handrails are available in both “Round Pipe” and “Square Tube” designs for any industrial railing or commercial metal hand rails needs
- Swing Gates, Sliding Gates & Kick Plates available
- Attractive, highly visible Omega Traffic Safety Yellow finish.
- Easy shipping and installation
OSHA REGULATIONS COMPLIANT
Handrails shall conform to O.S.H.A. sec. – 1910.23 Guarding floor and wall openings and holes.
Handrails will be a 42″ high, two-rail design and maintain a uniform clearance between rails and floor. All railing shall have a minimum of a 4″ high kick plate where required by O.S.H.A. (Guarding floor and wall openings and holes sec. – 1910.23). Handrails are to be assembled at the job-site and to be assembled as a mechanically fastened system. The handrail shall fasten directly to the floor or platform framing to achieve maximum strength and rigidity. The chemistry will equal or exceed that of ASTM A500-Grade B requirements. All rails will be 1 ¼”, 1 ½” or 2″ round or square tubing. Guardrails to be surface (horizontal) or framing (vertical) mounted to a structurally suitable surface. All guardrails shall be fastened to the deck / structural surface using manufacturer supplied hardware / anchors.
1910.23(e)(3)(ii) For pipe railings, posts and top and intermediate railings shall be at least 1 1/2 inches nominal diameter with posts spaced not more than 8 feet on centers.
1910.23(e)(3)(iv) The anchoring of posts and framing of members for railings of all types shall be of such construction that the completed structure shall be capable of withstanding a load of at least 200 pounds applied in any direction at any point on the top rail.